This shortcut recipe for fast no yeast cinnamon rolls makes buttery, homestyle rolls that fluff up fantastically—and in file time! Because you’re skipping the yeast, you may also skip the normal dough rising and kneading and have cinnamon rolls in about 40 minutes. They’re excellent for the occasions you crave do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls, and don’t wish to wait!
You realize while you get up and suppose, “I want I may have do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls proper now,” and then you definitely bear in mind it’s important to wait 1,000,000 hours for dough to rise and also you cry into your boring bowl of cereal? …No? Simply me?
I’ve been on a quest to develop a recipe for fast cinnamon rolls that preserve all the flavour and fluff with out the endurance and work that yeast requires. (As a result of, in actuality, I’m drained however nonetheless wish to bake one thing. LOL.) My do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls take about 4 and 1/2 hours, or must be prepped the evening earlier than. Even my straightforward cinnamon rolls require endurance, rising, and kneading.
So if you’d like from-scratch cinnamon rolls NOW, make at the moment’s no yeast model.
These No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls Are:
- Handy should you’re busy and drained however nonetheless need do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls.
- Prepared in lower than 45 minutes.
- Tender, fluffy, and buttery.
- NOT dense! Surprisingly not dense in any respect!
- Full of candy brown sugar and cinnamon spice.
- Slathered with tangy cream cheese icing.
- Good as a particular breakfast with out all of the work and ready.
Plus, there’s NO kneading, NO rising, and the dough comes collectively in simply 1 bowl. And you may bake them in a pie dish, cake pan, and even as cinnamon roll muffins. This recipe is dynamite.
Key Elements & Why This Recipe Works
I used my straightforward cinnamon rolls dough as the place to begin for at the moment’s no yeast model. It’s a well-liked recipe and I knew it could be excellent as the inspiration. From there, I made the next modifications:
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: Since we’re skipping yeast, we have to substitute it with one other leavener. (Except you wish to eat cinnamon hockey pucks for breakfast!) I attempted the dough with solely baking powder at first, however shortly discovered the dense rolls benefitted from somewhat baking soda as nicely. With the crutch of baking soda, the following batch browned somewhat nicer and fluffed up extra.
- Extra Melted Butter: Like my chocolate chip cookies, this recipe excels with melted butter! The melted butter helps create a chewy bread-like texture, plus it seeps into each nook and cranny so you’ll be able to actually style the buttery goodness. In contrast with my common cinnamon rolls recipe, I added somewhat additional butter for extra taste.
- Chilly Buttermilk: Since we’re utilizing somewhat baking soda, we want an acid within the dough. Buttermilk does the job, plus it additionally provides somewhat tang, somewhat fluff, and somewhat softness. (Prefer it does in pancakes!) And seize the buttermilk proper from the fridge as a result of chilly milk retains the in any other case mushy and buttery dough workable.
Baking soda, melted butter, and buttermilk are additionally key elements in my no yeast bread recipe.
After a number of trials and errors, I used to be shocked with the ultimate end result. These no yeast cinnamon rolls style just like the yeasted model and solely took me about 40 minutes whole. Clearly they’re not as flaky and doughy as the normal, however I don’t suppose anybody would EVER discover or complain that there’s no yeast. (My 10+ style testers ooh’d and ahh’d with out batting a watch!)
Listed here are all the elements you want for the dough & filling:
The best way to Make Fast No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
You’ll be able to go from craving to consuming heat, gooey from-scratch cinnamon rolls in file time. Right here’s how my recipe works:
- Make the dough: Whisk the dry elements collectively, then add within the moist elements. The dough needs to be fairly mushy, however not overly sticky.
- Form the cinnamon rolls: Roll the dough into a ten×14-inch rectangle. This measurement doesn’t must be actual, so don’t stress. Unfold butter on high after which sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Tightly roll up the dough and lower into 12 items. Place in a greased pan.
- Bake: Bake till the rolls puff up and look golden brown, about 22–26 minutes.
- Make the icing: Whereas the cinnamon rolls bake, make the icing utilizing cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Eat: Slather the icing in your heat cinnamon rolls and luxuriate in!
Listed here are step-by-step photographs so what to anticipate:
The meeting steps are precisely like common cinnamon rolls, solely with out the rise time.
Earlier than slicing, you’ll be able to mark the 14-inch log with a knife to make sure you have 12 even rolls. That’s what I often do:
Success Tip: Anticipate a Tender Dough
Don’t incorporate extra flour than you want on this dough. I would like you to embrace a mushy dough. As an alternative of blending extra flour INTO the dough to make it workable, use additional flour when shaping the rolls. If the dough is sticking to your counter and rolling pin as you’re employed, mud all of it with extra flour.
Backside line: Mixing in additional flour than you want may lead to crumbly, dense rolls. As an alternative, use it when assembling the rolls.
Cream Cheese Frosting
This cream cheese icing makes use of somewhat extra butter and rather less confectioners’ sugar than the icing I sometimes use on cinnamon rolls. However I like that it doesn’t use gobs of confectioners’ sugar; it’s a pleasant creamy, buttery, tangy blanket in your rolls. You could possibly additionally attempt the maple model used on these pumpkin cinnamon rolls, or for an easier topping, do that vanilla icing as a substitute.
Can I Bake These as Cinnamon Roll Muffins?
Sure! In case you love the marginally crusty, chewy exterior of a cinnamon roll that’s been baked closest to the sting of the pan, attempt baking these no yeast cinnamon rolls as muffins. After slicing your 12 rolls, place them in a greased normal 12-count muffin pan. Every roll will get that crusty edge all the way in which round, they usually puff up fantastically after they bake. Such a enjoyable recipe!
And should you’re on a roll (ha!), attempt these cinnamon roll cookies too. 😉
This shortcut recipe yields a dozen traditional, homestyle cinnamon rolls that fluff up fantastically—with none yeast, kneading, or rise time. They’re excellent for the occasions you crave do-it-yourself cinnamon rolls, and don’t wish to wait!
Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a spherical 9-inch pie dish or 9-inch cake pan. (See Notes for muffin pan directions.) For additional buttery rolls, I wish to grease the baking dish with 1–2 teaspoons of melted butter as a substitute of non-stick spray.
- Make the dough: Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt collectively. Add the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Combine with a wood spoon or rubber spatula till a dough types. Dough will probably be very mushy and barely sticky. If it’s too sticky and wouldn’t roll, add extra flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time, till dough appears workable. Don’t add extra flour than you want; a mushy dough is nice.
- Place dough on a floured work floor and, utilizing a evenly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a ten×14-inch (25x35cm) rectangle.
- Fill the rolls: Unfold softened butter (the softer it’s, the simpler it’s to unfold!) all around the dough. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon collectively. Sprinkle all around the high. Roll it up tightly right into a 14-inch log. Utilizing a really sharp knife, lower into 12 rolls; every roll is barely wider than 1 inch. Organize rolls within the ready pan.
- Bake the rolls: Bake for 22–26 minutes, till evenly browned across the edges. In case you discover the tops are getting too brown too shortly, loosely tent the pan with aluminum foil and proceed baking. If you wish to be exact about their doneness, their inside temperature taken with an on the spot learn thermometer needs to be round 195–200°F (91–93°C) when accomplished. Take away pan from the oven and place pan on a wire rack as you make the icing. (You may as well make the icing because the rolls bake.)
- Make the icing: In a medium bowl utilizing a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on excessive velocity till easy and creamy. Add the butter and beat till easy and mixed, then beat within the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla till mixed. Utilizing a knife or icing spatula, unfold the icing over the nice and cozy rolls and serve instantly.
- Cowl leftover frosted or unfrosted rolls tightly and retailer at room temperature for as much as 2 days or within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Make Forward Directions: If completely wanted, you may make the dough and assemble the rolls the evening earlier than. Cowl and refrigerate, then deliver to room temperature earlier than baking as directed. The rolls don’t puff up fairly as properly because the baking powder initially prompts as soon as moist. For finest outcomes, bake instantly.
- Freezing Directions: Baked rolls may be frozen for as much as 2–3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge and heat up earlier than having fun with.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is required for this recipe, however in a pinch you may make your individual DIY model of buttermilk if wanted. Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to a liquid measuring cup. Then add sufficient complete milk to the identical measuring cup till it reaches 3/4 cup. Stir it round and let sit for five minutes. The do-it-yourself “buttermilk” will probably be considerably curdled and able to use within the recipe.
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins: You’ll be able to bake these rolls in a greased normal 12-count muffin pan. No want for muffin liners. Bake time is about 20 minutes.
- Icing Alternate options: If cream cheese isn’t your favourite, you can high the rolls with vanilla icing, the brown sugar icing from these pumpkin donuts, maple icing from maple cinnamon rolls, and even the caramel icing from apple cinnamon rolls. A number of choices!
Key phrases: no yeast cinnamon rolls
The best way to Be a part of the August Sally’s Baking Problem
Make the no yeast cinnamon rolls as directed or in a muffin pan (see recipe Be aware for that variation). In case you aren’t into this recipe, right here is the alternate baking problem recipe:
- Any earlier problem recipe you haven’t made but OR
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
After you make the cinnamon rolls or alternate recipe, e mail us your recipe photograph. For a bonus entry, go away a assessment on the recipe beneath.
By emailing your recipe photograph to us, you’re routinely entered within the baking problem. 1 winner receives a $250 Amazon Present Card. The problem is open to the entire world. Problem ends on August thirty first at 5pm Jap. The winner will probably be chosen at random, emailed the prize, and posted within the September Baking Problem weblog publish on September 1st.
Go to the Sally’s Baking Problem web page when you have any questions on Sally’s Baking Problem.