These Oatmeal Raisin Muffins are so moist and make the proper breakfast. They’re crammed with raisins, coconut, walnuts, and a lot extra.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Previous Common Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
Who doesn’t love a superb basic oatmeal raisin muffin? This oatmeal raisin muffins recipe provides you moist, scrumptious bites of goodness.
These muffins make the proper grab-and-go breakfast in your approach out the door. They’re tasty and wholesome oatmeal raisin muffins as a result of they’re crammed with raisins, coconut, walnuts, and a lot extra.
This recipe is from the gathering of Ethel Eynard, my grandmother. I at all times bear in mind how a lot she loved raisins and the way a lot I didn’t! Fortunately, I outgrew my dislike of raisins!
Why This Oatmeal Raisin Muffins Recipe Is the One You Need to Attempt
This recipe for oatmeal raisin muffins is simply good and homey! These muffins usually are not super-sweet, and their style could convey you again to your childhood, earlier than the times when many store-bought muffins turned overloaded with sugar.
These wholesome oatmeal raisin muffins are simply candy sufficient to brighten your morning however present sufficient dietary worth to be a wholesome breakfast and gas you up for the remainder of the day.
Elements for Making Oatmeal Raisin Muffins From Scratch
It’s at all times higher to make meals from scratch, and these scrumptious muffins aren’t any exception. You’ve complete management over what goes into your muffins and know precisely what you’re consuming. Don’t be postpone by the lengthy listing of elements – you want all of them to provide the best-tasting muffin.
- Old style oats
- All-purpose flour
- Butter or margarine
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Coconut flakes
- Vanilla extract
Methods to Make Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- Let the oats stand in boiled water for half-hour.
- Stir collectively the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a big bowl, beat the butter with the sugars till fluffy.
- Add eggs separately, beating after every addition.
- Add the vanilla and beat to mix.
- Add the flour combination and stir till simply mixed.
- Add the oats, walnuts, coconut, and raisins. Combine till blended.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin tins.
- Place a walnut half on every.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Take away the muffins from the pan and funky them on a wire rack.
Tip: This oatmeal raisin muffins recipe makes 30 muffins. Nonetheless, when you don’t wish to halve the recipe however you don’t have sufficient muffin pans, you possibly can pour the remainder of the combination right into a well-greased loaf tin.
Actually, there are limitless additions and/or substitutions for this oatmeal raisin muffins recipe. Listed below are some concepts:
- Swap out the fruit: Substitute the raisins with cranberries, dried peaches, dried apricots, dried papaya, dried pineapple, dried cherries, or candied ginger.
- Swap out the nuts: Substitute the walnuts with almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, peanuts, or brazil nuts.
- Add spices: Nutmeg or allspice are nice flavors in oatmeal muffins.
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Muffins: Substitute the AP flour with a 1:1 gluten-free baking flour.
3 Suggestions for Excellent Selfmade Muffins
- Don’t over stir: Resist the temptation to stir or beat the batter till it’s easy and lump free. You need the ultimate combine to be lumpy, thick, and floury.
- Line your muffin tins: You’ll be able to select to grease the muffin tins. Nonetheless, when you’re not going to eat all of the muffins for some time, utilizing paper liners will hold the muffins more energizing for longer.
- Refill your tins: In case you don’t have sufficient batter to fill all of the cups, half fill the empty ones with water. It will assist the muffins bake evenly and defend the pan from buckling.
What to Serve With Raisin Oatmeal Muffins
These moist oatmeal raisin muffins are finest served proper out of the oven once they’re nonetheless scorching. Slice them in half and slather them with butter, honey, peanut butter, or cream cheese.
To get fancier, strive them with Greek yogurt, hazelnut unfold, or cookie butter.
Methods to Retailer Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
As a result of these muffins are so easy to make, they’re an excellent baking challenge for a Sunday afternoon to organize for the week forward. As soon as prepared, you possibly can hold them in a sealed container on the counter for as much as 5 days. You don’t want to retailer them within the fridge.
This manner they’re prepared for you or your children in your approach to work or college on a weekday morning.
These muffins are nice warmed up within the microwave, however when you have a busy morning, they’re additionally scrumptious at room temperature whilst you prepare to start out your day.
It’s also possible to freeze these muffins in an hermetic container or a freezer bag. They are going to be at their finest for two months.
To reheat, pop them in a toaster oven at 350°F for a couple of minutes or microwave for about 20 seconds.
Love Raisins? Attempt These Recipes!
Favourite Muffin Recipes
Take a look at extra of my simple bread recipes and household favourite recipes on CopyKat!
This recipe is from the gathering of my grandmother, Ethel Eynard, Jefferson Metropolis, MO, 1975.
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
These tasty and wholesome muffins are full of raisins, oatmeal, and walnuts.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup old school oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 30 cupcake liners in muffin tins.
Pour boiling water over oats and let stand half-hour.
Stir collectively flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In medium bowl, use a mixer to beat butter with sugars till fluffy.
Add eggs separately, beating after every addition.
Add vanilla and beat to mix.
Add flour combination, oats, walnuts, coconut, and raisins. Combine till blended.
Spoon the batter into the paper-lined muffin cups.
Place a walnut half on every.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clear.
Take away the muffins from the pans and serve heat or at room temperature.
Energy: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.9mg