A fast and simple dinner that delivers! That is honey garlic soy salmon, a dish comprised of simply 6 elements in below 35 minutes. Marinate recent salmon in a 5-ingredient sauce, after which cut back the remainder down on the range to a glaze because the salmon bakes. Serve with thickened glaze, brown rice, and your favourite greens for a easy, flavorful, and wholesome meal.
Baking is actually the place my coronary heart is, however it’s a lot enjoyable to share on a regular basis dinner recipes with you. I wrestle to discover a meal my complete household enjoys, which incorporates younger kids who are sometimes skeptical about what exhibits up on their plates! As we speak’s honey garlic soy glazed salmon is normally the reply when (1) I want dinner FAST, (2) I want dinner to be DELICIOUS for everybody, and (3) I want to make use of as few elements and dishes as doable. 😉
This recipe has lived on my web site since 2015 and one reader, Leslie, says: “This publish is a pair years previous however the recipe holds. My household LOVED this! I liked how easy it’s however full of taste.”
You’ll Love This Honey Garlic Soy Salmon, Too:
- 35 minutes complete: quarter-hour to marinate, 15–20 to bake
- Solely 6 straightforward elements
- Marinade doubles because the glaze
- Minimal effort, most taste
- Informal sufficient for the week, fancy sufficient for friends
- Wholesome, healthful, dairy free
- Straightforward recipe to halve or double
Marinade Doubles as a Glaze
The 5-ingredient glaze is impressed by scrumptious Asian delicacies and made with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey, and just a little sesame oil to assist the marinade stick. As a marinade, it’s candy and salty however has a deeper, extra advanced taste from the garlic and recent ginger. Use half of the combination for a marinade, after which cut back the remainder on the range for a couple of minutes to drizzle over the cooked salmon. As a thickened glaze, the flavour is extremely daring. It’s so, so tasty.
I additionally LOVE this honey soy sauce glazed salmon from the unbelievable meals weblog Omnivore’s Kitchen. There’s just a little whole-grain mustard and chili powder in that sauce.
This marinade/glaze discount can also be nice on rooster. Exchange the salmon with boneless rooster breasts or thighs and improve the bake time till the rooster is cooked by. See recipe Notes.
You too can skip the protein, make the sauce, cut back down on the range and pour over a plate of steamed greens and rice. I’ve finished that usually and leftovers are scrumptious for lunch the following day.
Components You Want & Why
There are so few elements on this honey garlic soy salmon dish… and each has a key job!
- Salmon: The brisker the salmon, the higher. You need about 24 ounces (680g) complete, and buying particular person fillets makes prep simpler. Attempt to discover salmon fillets which can be a fair thickness in order that all of them cook dinner in the identical period of time. There are a lot of various kinds of salmon and this easy methods to purchase salmon information is a useful useful resource. (Not affiliated in any respect, only a actually useful article about recent/frozen/sorts.)
- Honey: Honey is without doubt one of the primary elements and pairs so properly with garlic, one thing it’s possible you’ll know in case you’ve had this honey garlic shrimp earlier than. (An analogous, however even faster dish!)
- Soy Sauce: I usually use Kikkoman much less sodium tamari soy sauce, which is labeled gluten free. Once more, not sponsored… only a fan! If you happen to’re gluten delicate or illiberal, you should utilize that or swap the soy sauce with precise tamari sauce.
- Sesame Oil: It is a new addition over the previous couple years and I take advantage of it for sticking energy. After dozens of occasions making ready this dish, I discovered the salmon holds onto the marinade just a little higher when there’s 1 Tablespoon of oil. If you happen to don’t have sesame oil, olive oil is a positive substitute.
- Garlic: You should utilize recent or jarred/minced.
- Recent Ginger: Ginger offers this dish a heat, recent, barely candy ingredient. It’s one in all my favourite elements in cooking and also you’ll adore it in peach pie, too.
Can I Use Frozen Salmon?
Sure, you should utilize frozen raw salmon. Thaw utterly after which observe the recipe as written, together with marinating and baking. You should utilize frozen/thawed salmon when making this 5 ingredient honey chipotle salmon recipe too.
Step Pictures: The way to Make Honey Garlic Soy Salmon
Place salmon in a container or zipped-top bag. I normally use these glass containers for marinating they usually work simply as properly for storing leftovers and freezing meals/baked items. (See 8 Freezer Meals for some inspiration!) Combine the marinade elements collectively and pour about half over the salmon:
Marinate the salmon for no less than quarter-hour and as much as 4 hours. You’ll be able to stretch this to eight hours if wanted. You’ll love that this dish can work with any schedule, in a rush or not!
Place salmon on lined baking sheet; reserve used marinade if desired to cut back with the remainder of the unused marinade:
The sauce will caramelize over the salmon because it bakes:
Whereas the salmon bakes, cut back the remaining marinade on the range to make a glaze. You need a wealthy, thick glaze:
Drizzle the glaze everywhere in the heat baked salmon. You can even drizzle a spoonful onto the salmon fillets in the direction of the tip of the bake time and return them to the oven to complete baking.
And your dinner is sizzling & prepared! Be happy to garnish the honey garlic soy salmon with inexperienced onion and/or sesame seeds. I prefer to steam broccoli and make a packet of brown rice because the salmon bakes.
The perimeters are crisp, the honey garlic soy salmon is tender, and the flavors are unbelievable!
This easy baked salmon is smothered with a 5-ingredient salty-sweet glaze and is prepared in below 35 minutes!
- Marinate the salmon: Place salmon fillets into a big zippered meals storage bag or shallow dish/container. In a medium bowl, whisk soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger collectively. Pour about half of the combination (simply eyeball it) over salmon. Flip salmon to coat. Seal the bag/cowl the dish and refrigerate for no less than quarter-hour and as much as 4 hours.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat. Put aside.
- Line the marinated salmon fillets on the baking sheet, pores and skin aspect down. You’ll be able to maintain onto this used marinade—see step 5. Bake salmon for 15–20 minutes or till finished, which is 10 minutes per inch thickness measured from the thickest a part of the fillet. (Salmon is taken into account finished when an prompt learn thermometer reads the middle of the thickest half as no less than 145°F (63°C).) Be happy to show your oven to broil for the final minute to actually crisp the perimeters.
- In the meantime, because the salmon bakes, pour the remaining unused marinade right into a small saucepan or skillet over medium-high warmth. If you need, you may add the remaining (used) marinade as properly. Deliver to a boil, after which cut back warmth to medium-low and simmer for 3–4 minutes or till barely thickened. Maintain a detailed eye on it as a result of it will possibly rapidly burn. It should bubble up lots because it reduces. Take away from warmth.
- Drizzle thickened glaze over baked salmon and serve with non-compulsory garnish.
- Leftovers hold properly within the fridge for a number of days. Reheat to your liking.
- Make Forward Directions: You’ll be able to marinate the salmon as much as 4 hours upfront. If wanted, you may lengthen to eight hours.
- Sides: To finish the meal, serve the salmon with steamed broccoli and rice. Each are glorious with glaze drizzled on prime. You’ll be able to cook dinner each because the salmon bakes.
- Can I take advantage of frozen salmon? Sure, you should utilize frozen raw salmon fillets. Thaw utterly earlier than utilizing.
- Can I change salmon with rooster? Sure, you may change the salmon with boneless rooster breasts or thighs and improve the bake time till the rooster is cooked by. Marinate the rooster for nearer to 1 hour as an alternative of simply quarter-hour.
Key phrases: garlic honey salmon, ginger garlic salmon
Baking Made Straightforward
Are you new to this web site? This electronic mail collection is a superb place to begin. I’ll stroll you thru a number of of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.