Ditch the field and make this Home made Immediate Pot Hamburger Helper as an alternative. This fast and simple from-scratch meal is prepared in lower than half-hour!!
Should you love Boxed Hamburger Helper or Home made Hamburger Helper, this recipe for Immediate Pot Hamburger Helper goes to shortly develop into a favourite meal.
Made with floor beef, tender elbow noodles, and a wonderfully spiced tomato sauce, this Immediate Pot Hamburger Helper is a scrumptious, economical meal that’s picky-eater-approved.
And don’t fret, it’s simply as simple to make as a boxed combine with the additional advantage that this recipe is decrease in sodium and preservative-free. Personally, I feel the style is one million instances higher as nicely. Win-win!
Notes on Components
This recipe for Immediate Pot Hamburger Helper is made with pantry staples and floor beef. Whilst you can add a diced onion or minced garlic to the meat whereas it’s browning, I needed to maintain this recipe as easy and economical as potential. To not point out kid-friendly! Some youngsters will flip their noses up at a dish in the event that they see a speck of minced onion however shall be none-the-wiser to onion powder.
- Floor Meat: Use floor beef, floor turkey, or floor hen for this recipe. Remember that the leaner the meat you utilize, the decrease in fats this recipe shall be.
- Beef Broth: You should definitely use low-sodium beef broth to regulate the sodium stage within the closing dish. The broth helps to taste the noodles as they prepare dinner, so do not be tempted to substitute it for water.
- Seasonings: Onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika are used so as to add taste to the Hamburger Helper with out the necessity to saute an onion or garlic with the meat.
- Salt: One profit of constructing Hamburger Helper from scratch is that you’re accountable for the sodium added. Use low-sodium broth, low-sodium Worcestershire sauce, and low-sodium canned tomatoes, after which alter the added salt as wanted or desired.
- Noodles: The cooking time for this recipe for Hamburger Helper has been decided utilizing elbow noodles that are the traditional alternative. You should utilize complete wheat or common elbow noodles with equal success.
- Worcestershire Sauce: I like to recommend at all times having Worcestershire sauce available within the fridge, because it lasts eternally and provides unbelievable taste and umami to so many dishes, this recipe for Hamburger Helper included.
- Tomato Sauce: Use canned tomato sauce or puree for this recipe. Go for low-sodium if wanted.
How To Make Hamburger Helper in Immediate Pot
Step One: Saute Meat
In case you are utilizing meat that isn’t lean, resembling 80/20 floor beef, you’ll not want so as to add any oil to the internal pot earlier than sauteeing the bottom meat, as it’s going to render off sufficient fats because it cooks. That mentioned, if you’re utilizing lean floor meat, you’ll need so as to add 2 teaspoons of canola oil earlier than continuing to saute the meat. This may forestall the meat from sticking to the internal pot.
Flip Immediate Pot to saute, add within the oil, and permit it to warmth up for a few minutes. Some fashions will learn scorching as soon as heated. If not, simply give it a minute or two earlier than you start to saute the meat.
- As soon as heated, add within the floor meat of your alternative and permit it to brown, being certain to interrupt the meat into small items because it cooks.
- As soon as the meat is browned, flip off the strain cooker by hitting cancel, drain off any fats if wanted, and return the internal pot with the sauteed meat again to the strain cooker.
Step Two: Deglaze Pan
Anytime that you simply use the saute operate on an electrical strain cooker, you have to scrape up the brown bits off the underside of the internal pot. Should you skip this step, you could possibly very simply find yourself with a burn discover.
- As soon as the meat is sauteed and the grease drained off, pour ½ cup of the broth into the internal pot.
- Use a spatula or picket spoon to scrape the underside of the pot, eradicating any browned bits.
Step Three: Layer Components
When cooking any sort of pasta dish or dish with a tomato-based product, it’s essential to observe the path within the order during which to layer the components. You wish to be certain the tomato product isn’t touching the underside of the internal pot which may trigger a burn discover and that the noodles are submerged in a liquid of some kind to make sure they absolutely prepare dinner.
- Pour the remaining beef broth into the internal pot.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to mix.
- Add the noodles to the internal pot and utilizing the again of a spoon, gently push down to simply submerge them into the liquid.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the noodles. DO NOT stir! Leaving the tomato sauce on the highest layer will forestall a burn discover AND assist to maintain the highest of the noodles from drying out as they strain prepare dinner.
Step 4: Strain Cook dinner
I’ve perfected the right cooking time for elbow noodles utilizing the Immediate Pot in order that they prove completely cooked. Have in mind utilizing a special sort of noodle will yield a special cooking time.
- Place the lid on the strain cooker and you should definitely seal the vent knob.
- Set to prepare dinner on HIGH strain for 3 minutes by hitting handbook or strain prepare dinner after which utilizing the +/- buttons to regulate till the timing reads “3.”
- As soon as the cooking time has elapsed, permit the strain to launch naturally for EXACTLY 5 minutes–this is essential for completely cooked noodles.
- After 5 minutes have handed, do a fast launch of any remaining strain, through the use of an extended spoon to maneuver the venting knob from the sealed to the venting place. And you should definitely stand away from the vent knob when releasing strain to stop burning your self from the steam.
- Gently stir collectively the pasta, meat, and tomato sauce collectively to evenly incorporate all the pieces.
Recipe Modifications and Notes
- Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper: If you need a tacky model of Hamburger Helper, stir in 4 ounces of diced Velveeta Cheese or 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese AFTER cooking. Place the lid again on the internal pot after stirring within the cheese and let it sit for a minute or two to permit the residual warmth to soften the cheese.
- Gluten-Free Immediate Pot Hamburger Helper: I’ve had success making this recipe utilizing Barilla Gluten-Free elbow noodles and gluten-free Worcestershire sauce. I cannot advocate utilizing different manufacturers of gluten-free noodles as they have a tendency to provide off an excessive amount of starch to work on this recipe.
- Altering the Amount: This recipe may be halved and ready in any dimension strain cooker. Or you’ll be able to double the recipe when you’ve got an 8-quart or bigger strain cooker. Merely double or half the components and go away the cooking time the identical.
Extra Immediate Pot One-Pot Meals
Want extra inspiration for planning meals that your loved ones will love? Join my FREE Meal Plans and every week you’ll get a meal plan with a purchasing listing.
Should you loved this Immediate Pot Hamburger Helper, I might love so that you can go away a remark under.
Immediate Pot Hamburger Helper
Immediate Pot Hamburger Helper is a straightforward, economical, family-favorite recipe that comes collectively in below half-hour that includes tender noodles, floor beef, and a deliciously seasoned sauce.
Servings: 6 folks
Prevents your display screen from going darkish whereas getting ready the recipe.
Flip Immediate Pot to saute, add oil, and let warmth.
As soon as the oil has heated, add within the meat and brown it absolutely, breaking it up into small items. As soon as the meat is cooked, flip off the strain cooker. Drain off any fats and return the internal pot again to the internal pot.
Add 1 cup of beef broth to the internal pot and use a spatula or spoon to scrape up all of the browned bits off the underside of the internal pot.
Add in garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce, and stir nicely to mix.
Add in noodles and gently push them down into the sauce. You need the noodles simply submerged into the liquid. Prime the noodles with tomato sauce.
Set to prepare dinner on excessive strain for 3 minutes (hit handbook or strain prepare dinner and alter time through the use of +/_ buttons till the timer reads 3).
As soon as the cooking time has elapsed, let the strain launch naturally for five minutes. Then do a fast launch of any remaining pressure–be certain to face away from the vent knob when releasing strain.
Fluff the noodles with a fork to include all the pieces. Style and alter seasonings if wanted and serve.
Noodles: Each complete wheat and common elbow noodles work. I discover Barilla model of gluten-free noodles works greatest if making this gluten-free. Utilizing one other form of noodles might end in needing to vary the cooking time, so I do not advocate it.
To double this recipe, merely double the components. The prepare dinner time will stay the identical, it’s going to simply take a bit longer to return to strain.
Storage Directions: Leftover Hamburger Helper may be saved in an air-tight container for as much as 3 days within the fridge and may be frozen for as much as 3 months. To reheat, you might wish to add in a splash of beef inventory or water, because the noodles have a tendency to soak up the sauce as they sit.
Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper Directions: If you need a tacky model of Hamburger Helper, stir in 4 ounces of diced Velveeta Cheese or 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese AFTER cooking. The residual warmth needs to be sufficient to soften the cheese.
Energy: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 27g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 719mg | Potassium: 785mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3.5mg
This publish was initially printed in 2018 however was up to date in 2022.