Mexican-inspired Grilled Corn Salad made with grilled summer time corn, Tajin (chili-lime seasoning) and cotija cheese, solely made lighter with no mayo.
Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija
In the event you want some simple aspect dishes to make this summer time, you’ll love this Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija. It’s impressed by elote, Mexican grilled corn on the cob lined in mayo and topped with chili powder, lime juice, and cheese. For this Mexican avenue corn salad, I take the corn off the cob, skip the mayonnaise, and blend all the pieces collectively for a lightweight summer time aspect dish. This dish is nice with air fryer salmon, grilled hen, shrimp, fish, rice, and so on., making it the right aspect for any summer time BBQ. In the event you choose Mediterranean flavors, you would possibly like this Grilled Corn Salad with Feta and Mint or do this Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomatoes.
Substances to make grilled corn salad:
This wholesome Mexican corn salad makes use of all of the elements of elote however with out the mayo.
- Corn on the cob – grill peeled corn instantly on the grill for a charred, smokey taste that elevates this salad. If you wish to use frozen, that can be wonderful.
- Scallions – any onion works right here however I like scallions on this salad. You may also use crimson onion, or chives.
- Cotija cheese – cotija is often used on elote, you too can use crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese in case you choose.
- Cilantro – for freshness, though in case you detest the flavour you should use chives on their place.
- Chili-lime seasoning – like Tajin or Dealer Joe’s Every thing However The Elote Seasoning
- Lime wedges, for serving which get squeezed over the salad for tang and acid.
Regularly Requested Questions
Are you able to grill corn prematurely for corn salad?
Sure, you may prep your corn prematurely. You may husk, grill, and take away the kernels from the cob the day earlier than making the salad.
How do you take away the corn from the cobb?
I recommend putting the corn cobb on a clear dish towel holding it upright. Then use a knife to chop the kernels off. The towel will catch all of the kernels, then pour all of them right into a bowl.
Methods to Grill Corn for Salad
- To grill the corn for this salad, begin by eradicating the husks and heating your grill to medium-high.
- Then grill the corn for 10 to 12 minutes, turning the cobs so that every one sides contact the grill.
- As soon as they’re charred in spots, take away the corn from the grill to chill.
In the event you don’t have a grill, you may prepare dinner your corn in a skillet on the range utilizing the identical technique.
Methods to Make Corn Salad
- After the corn has been grilled and has cooled, take away the kernels from the cob. The simplest approach is to face the cob up in a big bowl and use a pointy knife to slice the kernels off.
- Add the scallions and cotija to the bowl with the corn and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stir within the Tajin, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with with extra Tajin sprinkled on prime and lime wedges, if desired. Leftovers will final within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Cheese – Sub queso fresco or feta for cotija.
- No grill, no downside! You need to use a grill pan in case you don’t have a grill. In the event you’re making this salad when corn isn’t in season, you should use frozen corn.
- Onions – Swap scallions or chives for crimson onion.
- Add ons: Add diced avocado, tomato, canned black beans or chopped jalapeno, for spice.
Extra Summer time Corn Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Dimension: 3 /4 cup
Set the grill to medium-high. Husk the corn.
Grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning typically, till charred in spots. Switch to a chopping board and put aside to chill.
Reduce the kernels off the cobb. Put the corn, scallions and cotija cheese in a medium salad bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss.
Add the tajin (chili lime seasoning), cilantro and toss once more. Style for salt and pepper and regulate as wanted.
Serve topped with extra chili lime seasoning and contemporary lime wedges if desired.
Please depart a score and remark letting us understand how you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 3 /4 cup, Energy: 117 kcal, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 4 g, Fats: 6.5 g, Saturated Fats: 2 g, Ldl cholesterol: 7.5 mg, Sodium: 211 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 4 g
Your feedback are so useful!! In the event you’ve tried this wholesome Grilled Corn recipe or another recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t neglect to fee the recipe and depart me a remark beneath! I’d love to listen to your ideas, variations and suggestions. And in case you took some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can re-share on my tales!