The one factor higher than mulled wine… is mulled wine sangria! The easy syrup is made with mulling spices, giving this pink wine sangria TONS of taste. Garnish with orange slices, star anise, and raspberries for a stunning cocktail excellent for vacation events and celebrations!
Mulled Wine Sangria Recipe
Bust out the Cabernet Sauvignon, as a result of at present, we’re making sangria!
And never simply any pink wine sangria, however an excellent festive and refreshing sangria that mimics the flavors in mulled wine. Actually, it’s so scrumptious… I’ll by no means make one other pink sangria recipe. It’s THAT good!
And did I point out it’s tremendous simple, too? And make-ahead pleasant? Sure, this recipe will get main bonus factors as a result of it may be made forward of time, saved within the fridge, and pulled out when your company arrive. In actual fact, the flavour will get higher and higher the longer you let it sit. So it’s a beautiful make-ahead massive batch cocktail; excellent for summer season picnics, vacation events, and every part in between!
What you’ll Want:
- Water: The bottom of our easy syrup. Don’t exchange or substitute.
- Honey: Our sweetener! Like conventional mulled wine, our mulled wine sangria is sweetened with honey as a substitute of granulated sugar. I don’t suggest changing it with maple syrup, as this can dramatically change the flavour.
- Cardamom Pods: Don’t exchange with floor cardamom! Belief me right here.
- Allspice berries: Use entire allspice berries, not floor allspice.
- Star Anise Pods: These are so fairly and and a ton of taste to our easy syrup.
- Cinnamon Sticks: Once more, don’t sub floor cinnamon right here. Chances are you’ll need to purchase further cinnamon sticks for garnish.
- Complete Cloves: Slightly goes a great distance right here, so don’t be tempted to extend the amount.
- Complete Peppercorns: I like black peppercorns for this recipe, however if in case you have one other selection readily available and need to experiment, be at liberty!
- Orange Peel: A protracted stip provides extra orange taste to our easy syrup.
- Ginger: Contemporary is greatest! You’ll need to peel it and lower into ¼-inch slices.
- Vanilla Extract: Provides a delicate sweetness and will increase the depth of taste. In case you don’t have it, you may merely omit.
- Orange Juice: FRESH SQUEEZED ORANGE JUICE! Belief me.
- Crimson Wine: I like to recommend one thing daring however dry, like cabernet sauvignon.
- Grand Marnier: Or any orange liqueur you get pleasure from/have readily available.
- Raspberries: Contemporary raspberries add taste but additionally make a stunning garnish.
- Lemon: Purchase a big heavy lemon and slice it skinny!
- Lime: Provides a complimentary taste to the lemon.
- Apples: I choose honey-crisp apples, however when you can’t discover them, nearly any apple selection will work.
- Oranges: In the event that they’re loaded with seeds, I recommend eradicating them so your company don’t need to…
- Raspberry Seltzer: Or membership soda! Provides a pleasant taste and fizzy pop.
- Mint sprigs: Elective, however these make a stunning garnish!
The way to Make Crimson Wine Sangria:
- Make your mulled wine easy syrup. You may make this as much as two weeks prematurely if you wish to! It additionally makes a beautiful vacation present.
- Making the precise sangria is so simple as combining all the elements (minus the membership soda) into a big pitcher and mixing every part collectively. Then pop it within the fridge and chill for at the least 6 hours!
- In case you’re not going to serve the sangria inside 12 hours, you’ll need to pressure the sangria via a fantastic mesh strainer, discard all the fruit, and place it again within the fridge. You may add recent fruit proper earlier than serving!
- To serve, pour into tall glasses stuffed with ice and garnish with recent fruit and a mint sprigs.
Mulled Wine Sangria
For the Easy Syrup:
- 1 cup (227ml) water
- 1/2 cup (170ml) honey
- 6 inexperienced cardamom pods
- 5 entire allspice berries
- 4 star anise pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons entire cloves
- 1 teaspoon entire black peppercorns
- 2 3-inch lengthy strips orange peel
- 1 3-inch piece recent ginger peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch items
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Sangria:
- 1 and 1/4 cups (284ml) orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 bottle dry pink wine resembling Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 cup (227ml) Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 cup recent raspberries
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 lime thinly sliced
- 2 honey crisp apples cored and thinly sliced
- 2 oranges thinly sliced
- 2 cups (454ml) raspberry seltzer or raspberry membership soda
- recent mint sprigs
- citrus slices
- star anise pods
For the Easy Syrup:
Mix the honey, water, spices, citrus peel, and ginger in a small saucepan and produce to a boil over excessive warmth.
Cook dinner, stirring often, till the honey has dissolved, about 3 to 4 minutes. Cut back warmth to low and proceed cooking for one more 5 minutes.
Take away from the warmth and stir within the vanilla. Put aside and funky for half-hour, then pressure the easy syrup via a fine-mesh strainer and right into a heatproof bowl.
Cowl and chill for at the least half-hour, or till cool to the contact. Use within the sangria recipe beneath.
For the Sangria:
Add all the elements (besides the membership soda) into a big pitcher and gently stir to mix.
Cowl and refrigerate for at the least 6 hours – or as much as 12 hours. Stir once more and add the seltzer proper earlier than serving. Be aware: If you don’t plan on serving after 12 hours, pressure the sangria via a fantastic mesh strainer, discard all fruit, and proceed refrigerating for as much as 12 extra hours. Add extra recent proper earlier than serving.
Pour into glasses stuffed with ice (if desired) and garnish with any of the garnish concepts listed above. Serve without delay!