These cute, spicy Mummy Jalapeno Poppers, made with my Greek yogurt dough, are the proper Halloween appetizer in your Halloween Occasion!
Mummy Jalapeno Poppers
I tailored my jalapeno poppers recipe to make them into these cute mummies! These Halloween Mummy Jalapeno Poppers are full of cream cheese, cheddar, and scallions, wrapped in strips of my Greek yogurt dough, and baked till sizzling and bubbly. As soon as out of the oven, add some eyeballs and serve together with your favourite Halloween treats, like these French Bread Pizza Mummies, and Mummy Cake Balls.
Mummy Jalapeno Popper Substances
- Greek Yogurt Dough: All-purpose, whole-wheat, or gluten-free flour, baking powder, kosher salt, non-fat plain Greek yogurt (Stonyfield or Fage) To save lots of time, you may as well use refrigerated pizza dough or crescent roll dough.
- Jalapeños: Slice eight peppers in half lengthwise and take away the seeds and ribs.
- Cheese: Gentle cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and shredded part-skim sharp cheddar
- Scallions: Slice the inexperienced elements of 4 scallions.
- Egg White: Beat one egg white. You can even use a complete egg.
- Sweet Eyes to make these jalapeño poppers Halloween-themed
Learn how to Make Mummy Jalapeno Poppers
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. If utilizing parchment, spray it with oil.
- Jalapeño Popper Filling: Mix all three cheeses and scallions in a medium bowl. Fill the peppers with the cheese filling utilizing a small spoon or spatula.
- Make the Bagel Dough: Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the yogurt and blend with a fork or spatula (It’ll seem like small crumbles).
- Knead Dough: Frivolously mud flour on a piece floor and knead the dough about 15 occasions till it’s easy and cheesy. It’ll be prepared when it’s not sticky and doesn’t go away dough in your palms whenever you draw back.
- Slice the Dough: Mud your work floor and rolling pin with extra flour. Roll the dough into a skinny 13 x 9-inch rectangle and slice it into half-inch thick slices.
- Make the Mummy Peppers: Wrap the dough round every jalapeño, leaving room for the eyes. Place on the ready baking sheet, and repeat the method with the remaining peppers and dough.
- How Lengthy to Bake Jalapeño Poppers: Brush the dough with the egg wash and bake within the oven for half-hour till the jalapeños are sizzling and golden.
- Add eyeballs: Add the sweet eyes and serve heat.
- Cheese: Swap cheddar with mozzarella.
- Bacon: Add chopped, cooked bacon to the cheese filling.
- Double or triple the jalapeño popper recipe to serve extra individuals at your Halloween get together.
I extremely advocate carrying gloves to prep the jalapeños. The worst factor is touching your face with jalapeño fingers – it’ll burn!
What’s an unique jalapeño popper?
Conventional jalapeño poppers are filled with cream cheese and shredded cheddar and both wrapped in bacon or coated in batter and fried. I lightened up this mummy jalapeño popper recipe by baking them.
Are you able to make jalapeño poppers forward of time?
These straightforward jalapeno mummy poppers are glorious to make forward and serve at a celebration as an appetizer. Slice the peppers, make the bagel dough and cheese filling, and stuff the jalapeños a day upfront. Earlier than your occasion, slice the dough and wrap the peppers. You need to serve these mummy jalapeño poppers heat, so don’t bake them till proper earlier than you’re able to eat them.
Jalapeño poppers are finest sizzling, however can sit out at room temperature for 2 hours. Leftovers will last as long as 3 days within the fridge and may be warmed within the air fryer, oven, or microwave.
Extra Jalapeno Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 16 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 /2 jalapeno
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. If utilizing parchment paper, spray with oil to keep away from sticking.
Mix cream cheese, cheddar, Parmesan and scallions in a medium bowl. Fill peppers with cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula.
In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk nicely. Add the yogurt and blend with a fork or spatula till nicely mixed, it’ll seem like small crumbles.
Frivolously mud flour on a piece floor and take away dough from the bowl, knead the dough a couple of occasions till dough is easy and cheesy, however not sticky, about 15 turns (it mustn’t go away dough in your hand whenever you draw back).
Mud your work floor and a rolling pin with extra flour.
Roll the dough out skinny right into a rectangle about 13 x 9 inches. Slice the dough into 1/2 inch-thick slices.
Wrap the dough round every jalapeno half leaving room for the eyes and place on the ready baking sheet. Repeat with remaining jalapenos and dough.
Brush every with the egg wash and bake in oven for half-hour, till the peppers are sizzling and golden.
Add the eyes and serve heat on a platter.
Please go away a score and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /2 jalapeno, Energy: 65 kcal, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 4 g, Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fats: 1 g, Ldl cholesterol: 7 mg, Sodium: 162.5 mg, Fiber: 0.5 g, Sugar: 1 g