A beef cattle financial outlook, ongoing points surrounding the transportation and cattle business, and bettering effectivity by way of feeding methods and cattle consolation are amongst matters deliberate for 2022 Kansas State College Beef Stocker Discipline Day on Thursday, Sept. 29. The convention will probably be hosted on the KSU Beef Stocker Unit.
“This yr’s program displays the difficult panorama our Trade is experiencing,” says Dale Blasi, Ok-State Animal Sciences and Trade professor and beef cattle Extension specialist. “The experiences and ideas of our assembled audio system and panelists will present insights as we progress into an unknown future.”
The day will begin with a welcome at 9:30 a.m. and can conclude round 5 p.m. Sponsoring this yr’s occasion is Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Well being.
Subjects for this yr’s agenda embody:
- Beef Cattle Financial Outlook
- Ongoing Points Surrounding the Transportation and Cattle Trade
- Proof-Primarily based Strategy to Enhancing Stocker Well being and Efficiency
- Triumphs and Tribulations of Respiratory Illness in Stocker Calves
- Harnessing Nature: Learn how to Use Dung Beetles to Enhance Herd and Pasture Well being
- Enhancing Effectivity Via Feeding Methods and Cattle Consolation
- Native Pasture Burning Methods: Impacts on Cattle Efficiency and Pasture Vigor
On-line registration is $25 and due Sept. 15. Stroll-in registration is out there for $35. For extra data, contact Lois Schreiner at 785-532-1267 or through e mail.
Supply: Kansas State College Animal Sciences and Trade, which is solely accountable for the data offered, and wholly owns the data. Informa Enterprise Media and all its subsidiaries should not accountable for any of the content material contained on this data asset.