It took me fifteen+ years however I’ve lastly perfected pink velvet cupcakes. That is definitively the most effective pink velvet cupcake recipe. These cupcakes are tremendous smooth, vibrantly pink, and keep recent for days and days.
This recipe may be very simple to make and the cupcakes bake up fantastically. The key ingredient? A little bit of cornstarch for a young crumb and essentially the most scrumptious cream cheese frosting. Are you able to inform how mouth-watering-ly tender these cupcakes are?!
I’m very pleased with my cream cheese frosting. I’ve gotten so many compliments on it, typically from associates who inform me they don’t usually like frosting.
You’ll need to retailer these within the fridge since they’ve cream cheese frosting however convey them to room temperature for 30-60 minutes earlier than serving so the cake is sweet and smooth. Whereas these are superb as quickly as you frost them, I used to be shocked at how unchanged they had been days later. You recognize I like a great make-ahead celebration recipe!
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
3 massive eggs
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp pink meals coloring
Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Add cupcakes liners to 2 muffins pans and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Put aside.
- In a stand mixer or massive bowl, measure vegetable oil, buttermilk, eggs, white vinegar, and vanilla extract. Combine till mixed, scraping down the edges of the bowl a few times. Add pink meals coloring and blend till uniform in coloration.
- Sift in dry components and blend till simply mixed. Divide evenly amongst the cupcake liners and bake for 18-22 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear. Let cool ten minutes, then take away from tins and let cool fully on wire racks. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese, softened (full fats!)
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix cream cheese and butter till easy. Slowly sift in powdered sugar and beat one cup at a time. Combine in vanilla extract.