Quiet down this summer time with an indulgent Raspberry & Cherry ripple ice cream. A simple, refreshing recipe to get you thru the heatwave.
This divine ice cream is good for a light-weight dessert on a scorching summer time night, or made for visitors on the weekend. Vegan-friendly and heatwave-proof!
This is tips on how to make Raspberry & Cherry Ripple Ice Cream
Makes 1 litre tub of ice cream
Prep time – 25 minutes + freezing
- 175g raspberries, plus a handful to brighten
- 300g cherries, pitted, plus a handful to brighten
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 600ml double cream (to make this vegan, swap this for 500ml oat double cream)
- 1 x 210g tin coconut sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Add the raspberries to a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon caster sugar and 1 tablespoon water. Gently mash with the again of a spoon, carry to a boil and scale back to a simmer for 3-4 minutes till thickened and effervescent slowly. Cross by means of a sieve (to take away seeds) and put aside.
- Add the cherries, remaining caster sugar and one other tablespoon of water to the identical pan, and repeat the method – heating till thickened. Gently mash with the again of your spoon and put aside.
- Whip collectively the double cream, lemon zest, condensed milk and vanilla bean paste till you attain mushy peaks.
- Add the raspberry puree and gently fold by means of.
- Heap a couple of tablespoons right into a freezer secure container, then drizzle the cherry puree over. Repeat in layers – this can assist you’ve large ripples of puree within the completed ice cream.
- Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours and as much as in a single day. Retains within the freezer for two months.
- Serve with a handful of contemporary berries.