Make selfmade raspberry sauce (aka raspberry coulis) in your desserts or breakfast utilizing recent raspberries with this straightforward 4-ingredient recipe. When raspberries aren’t in season, you need to use frozen raspberries as a substitute.
This raspberry dessert sauce is great to have available, as a result of you need to use it to complete so many recipes, like cheesecake, brownies, pound cake, lemon cupcakes, or chocolate mousse pie. A selfmade raspberry sauce may even flip a easy bowl of vanilla ice cream right into a guest-worthy dessert. And don’t neglect breakfast like pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or yogurt!
You could possibly even strive mixing it with some glowing water, or embody it in a cocktail—the probabilities for this selfmade berry sauce are countless!
Right here’s Why You’ll Love This Raspberry Sauce
- Contemporary-tasting, a bit tangy, & not overly candy
- Simply 4 simple elements plus water
- You should utilize recent or frozen raspberries… so handy
- Lower than 10 minutes on the range
- Pressure it or preserve it thick & chunky
- Like salted caramel & lemon curd, it’s extraordinarily versatile and can be utilized on many dishes
- So good on simple cheesecake pie!
Seize These Substances:
- Water & Cornstarch: Cornstarch flippantly thickens the sauce. You don’t want a lot, however you need to mix it with slightly water earlier than utilizing, in any other case you’ll have lumps of powdery cornstarch in your completed sauce. Cornstarch is usually combined with water to make a “slurry” earlier than utilizing in sauces; see strawberry topping sauce for instance.
- Contemporary or Frozen Raspberries: You’ll love that you would be able to whip this sauce up within the summertime when berries are recent in season, or in the course of winter because the snow falls exterior. I really love this sauce with frozen raspberries as a result of they’re sometimes frozen at their peak freshness and sweetness.
- Sugar: An excessive amount of sugar can masks the pure berry flavors, so keep on with just one/4 cup (50g) on this recipe. In case your raspberries are extraordinarily tart, enhance to 1/3 cup (67g). This isn’t jam, so we don’t want an onslaught of sugar.
- Lemon Juice: The sauce wants *one thing* to stability the berry and sugar, and lemon juice offers that trace of freshness. Don’t go away it out or the sauce will style fairly flat. You may as well add a splash of vanilla extract as soon as the sauce comes off warmth. (Vanilla is non-compulsory, however tasty!)
Raspberries are so handy—no chopping or peeling required.
Simply 4 Steps to Make This Raspberry Sauce
This raspberry sauce cooks on the range in just below 10 minutes. It’s much like the swirl recipe we use in these white chocolate raspberry cheesecake bars.
- Mix elements collectively on the range.
- Boil combination whereas stirring often.
- Non-obligatory: Press the combination by way of a fantastic mesh strainer, to take away the seeds.
- Let cool.
Strained vs. Preserving the Seeds
When strained, this sauce is on the skinny aspect, as sauces go, and nice for drizzling. This strained model is often known as a raspberry coulis. Should you’d favor a thicker sauce and don’t thoughts the seeds, you possibly can skip Step 3 altogether!
Right here is a photograph evaluating the 2 consistencies:
Combination could be very scorching proper off the range:
Pressure the nice and cozy combination with a fantastic mesh strainer:
Or preserve it chunky:
This recipe yields about 1 cup of raspberry sauce if straining, or about 1 and 1/2 cups if not straining.
Makes use of for Raspberry Sauce
There are such a lot of methods to take pleasure in this raspberry dessert sauce, and listed here are many solutions:
- Take pleasure in drizzled on scones, crepes, muffins, waffles, or entire wheat blueberry pancakes
- Stir into yogurt, cottage cheese, or oatmeal
- Use as a filling for lemon cupcakes or lemon blueberry cupcakes
- Use as a topping for cream cheese pound cake, ice cream, angel meals cake, or pavlova
- Serve with chocolate treats like brownies, chocolate cake, and flourless chocolate cake
- Drizzle on choux pastry cream puffs or cheesecake, no bake cheesecake, and cheesecake pie (pictured under)
- Unfold on selfmade biscuits, croissants, and toasted English muffins
- Stir a number of spoonfuls into whipped cream or whipped frosting and use as garnish on desserts
What is going to you utilize it for?!
This raspberry dessert sauce topping is recent, fast, & simple and offers desserts and breakfast dishes that little one thing further! You should utilize recent or frozen raspberries.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water collectively till all of the cornstarch has dissolved. (I simply use a fork to combine—very simple.) Mix cornstarch combination, raspberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium warmth. Utilizing a picket spoon or rubber spatula, stir the combination, flippantly mashing the raspberries as they start to warmth.
- Convey to a boil and let it boil for 3 full minutes, stirring often. Take away the pan from warmth and—if desired for a richer taste—stir in vanilla extract.
- Press the nice and cozy sauce by way of a fantastic mesh strainer to take away the seeds, if desired. I exploit the again of a spoon to press the liquid by way of the strainer, held over a bowl. It takes a pair minutes to actually squeeze all of it out.
- Be at liberty to serve heat over heat desserts, nevertheless it ought to be cooled to actually thicken up. Cool the sauce fully at room temperature or within the fridge. The sauce will thicken barely because it cools, however the strained model continues to be liquid and excellent for drizzling.
- Cowl and retailer for as much as 1 week within the fridge.
- Freezing Directions: After the raspberry sauce cools fully, freeze in a freezer-friendly container for as much as 3–6 months. Thaw on the counter or within the fridge. Heat up within the microwave or on the range, if desired.
- Berries Are Tart: In case your raspberries aren’t very candy, you might need to enhance the sugar to 1/3 cup (67g).
- Thicker Sauce: Should you’d like a thicker sauce and don’t thoughts the raspberry seed texture, you possibly can skip Step 3 fully, and even strive pureeing the combination in a blender as a substitute of straining.
- Different Berries: You may substitute different berries comparable to blueberries or blackberries with no adjustments to the recipe. Or do this strawberry sauce recipe.
Key phrases: raspberry sauce
Baking Made Simple
Are you new to this web site? This electronic mail collection is a good place to start out. I’ll stroll you thru a number of of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.