This actually is the perfect DIY Rooster Rub. It’s made with an irresistible mix of seasonings and comes collectively in simply 5 minutes. Good for including a lot taste to any reduce of hen!
Home made Dry Rub for Rooster
Skip the store-bought dry rub to your subsequent hen dinner. That is the perfect hen rub, and it’s prepared in 5 minutes proper at residence!
Dry rub is such an ideal factor to maintain readily available. It lasts eternally and it’s a simple means so as to add tons of taste to your hen earlier than you cook dinner it.
I like to make an enormous batch of this do-it-yourself hen dry rub and hold it readily available for myself or put it in jars and reward it to family and friends for the vacations.
What’s Rooster Rub Made Of?
- Italian Seasoning: Italian seasoning is the proper versatile base for this hen rub recipe. Traditional Italian seasoning consists of basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and generally marjoram.
- Salt and Pepper: I exploit advantageous sea salt and freshly floor black pepper. Be happy to regulate the quantities to your tastes.
- Onion Powder and Turmeric Powder: A bit little bit of onion powder and turmeric take this spice rub to the subsequent stage and spherical out the flavors.
- Pink Pepper Flakes: These are optionally available, however an ideal addition when you love a little bit bit of warmth!
How you can Make Rooster Dry Rub
This versatile and flavorful hen rub recipe takes just some minutes to come back collectively and is made with substances you in all probability have already got in your kitchen!
- Mix: Place all the spices in a jar and blend nicely.
- Retailer or reward: Cowl and retailer in your pantry or tie the jar up with a ribbon and reward it together with your favourite BBQ instruments for the vacations!
How you can Use Rooster Seasoning Rub
There are tons of tasty methods you should use this hen seasoning rub. Listed below are a number of of my favourite methods:
And the choices don’t cease with hen! This spice mix works nice on oven-roasted greens, air fryer broccoli, roasted potatoes, you title it!
Add extra taste!
Wish to double down on the flavour? Attempt any of my 5 scrumptious and freezer-friendly hen marinades!
Do You Use Oil in Dry Rub for Rooster?
Finally, sure. The oil undoubtedly mustn’t go into the spice combination for storage, however in most recipes you’ll cowl the hen with oil earlier than rubbing it with the spice mix.
The oil not solely provides moisture to the hen, nevertheless it additionally helps the seasonings stick.
How Lengthy Ought to Dry Rub Sit on Rooster?
That relies upon. If you happen to’re working with much less time, you may rub the dry rub onto the hen and let it sit for 15-Half-hour. That is the minimal period of time I like to recommend. If you happen to’re working with a little bit bit extra time, you may let it marinate within the fridge for wherever from 1-4 hours.
For the perfect outcomes, I like to recommend letting the hen sit with the seasonings for nearer to the 4 hour mark. This provides all of that taste loads of time to soak into the meat earlier than you cook dinner it.
Ideas and Notes
- Combine nicely. We would like all the flavors within the spice rub to be well-distributed all through.
- Pat the hen dry. Most recipes will advocate this, however generally, plan to make use of paper towels to softly pat your hen dry earlier than including any oil or spices. Eradicating extra moisture helps create that scrumptious crispy exterior.
- Plan for 1-2 tablespoons of dry rub per pound of hen you’re cooking. This can be a common rule; be happy to regulate the quantity to your liking!
- If you happen to’re cooking meat with the pores and skin on, rub the seasonings underneath the pores and skin so it soaks into the meat.
- Play with flavors. Be happy to mess around with ingredient quantities or add different spices that sound good to you. You may’t actually go unsuitable!
How you can Retailer
This do-it-yourself hen rub will final for a minimum of 6 months in an hermetic container or ziplock bag in your pantry. I like to make a giant batch to maintain readily available for any time I’d want it.
Extra DIY Spice Blends You’ll Love
Different Spice Articles To Learn!
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon advantageous sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Non-compulsory: 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon purple pepper flakes as desired
2 cloves garlic, minced
About ¼ cup moist rub [sufficient for 1 to 1½ kilos boneless hen