You may really feel fall within the air even when it’s not technically fall but. The overly scorching days are gone, changed with cool mornings and average temperatures. I adore it although! That is my favourite time of yr and operating exterior on a cool morning is refreshing! I’ve additionally gotten into baking fall goodies involving issues like pumpkin and apples! Like this Vegan Pumpkin Maple Date Granola I lately made since I had a can of pumpkin open from one other recipe. Eric and I really like hand-crafted granola!
This granola is straightforward to make, simply combine and bake and it occurs to be oil free since I exploit nut butter instead of the oil. I used almond butter this time as a result of it was what I had available however I believe pecan butter can be beautiful as nicely. I make my very own nut butters within the vitamix so the kind I’ve varies generally. I made a form of batter with canned pumpkin, the nut butter, pumpkin pie spices maple syrup, vanilla, maple extract and sea salt (salt is essential in granola because you get the salty candy combo that approach) and tossed it with the granola and it was excellent as soon as baked up!
For the add ins on this I used pecans, almonds, coconut and dates. The dates present a chewy caramely factor, and the coconut supplies sweetness. Should you wished to change up the combo of nuts I believe pumpkin seeds or walnuts would even be good! I used thick rolled oats for this, however you possibly can additionally use quaint. I simply use what I’ve available normally as a result of who needs to make an additional journey to the shop?
This smelled superb whereas baking! I couldn’t wait to strive it! And as soon as I did it was fairly darn addicting, I couldn’t cease snacking on it whereas it was cooling! It was satisfyingly crunchy, salty and candy, scented with maple pumpkin spices and vanilla and the bits of chewy dates had been superior! In case you are craving a crunchy snack, undoubtedly give this a strive!
Vegan Pumpkin Maple Date Granola
Makes 6 cups
- 3 cups natural gluten free quaint rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked pecans
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked almonds
- 1 cups finely shredded, dried unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup natural canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 1/2 cups mushy, pitted medjool dates, minimize into items
- Line a big baking sheet with non-stick foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and set rack on the medium place.
- In a big bowl, mix oats, nuts, and coconut, and put aside.
- In one other bowl, whisk collectively pumpkin, maple syrup, nut butter, spices, sea salt, vanilla and maple extracts till nicely mixed, then pour over oat combination and toss to coat till fully blended.
- Pour out onto ready baking sheet, and unfold out evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring about each 10 minutes or so till the granola is evenly browned. Take away from oven and let cool.
- Stir in dates and luxuriate in!
Retains for two weeks in an hermetic container at room temperature, or 6 months within the freezer.