It has been actually sizzling and humid right here in Minnesota these days and I could not consider something extra beautiful than some handmade cooling ice cream, so I made a decision to make some yesterday! Though popsicles and granitas are scrumptious and lightweight, I actually needed some wealthy and creamy extra alongside the traces of gelato. Like one thing you’d get in an ice cream store! I additionally needed to make use of components that I had readily available, so I made a decision to make a Vegan Rasberry Rose Gelato!
The mix of candy berries and rosewater is a match made in heaven! Actually it’s a combo that I ought to use extra typically, particularly in the summertime! I obtained my rosewater from a neighborhood enterprise referred to as Home of Halva and it’s a good sized bottle that has lasted me some time. For this ice cream base, I used a mixture of coconut milk and uncooked almond butter as a result of it makes it so wealthy and creamy! However for those who most well-liked to make it with cashew butter that may even be scrumptious, I simply did not occur to have any. I had the almond as a result of I make my very own at dwelling for different recipes.
To sweeten the gelato, I used dates, as a result of they’re simply the correct amount of candy and do not add a bunch of moisture to the ice cream. They may tint the colour a little bit extra brown than vibrant however I do not thoughts. In the event you did not need to use dates, you may use about 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar, it simply may end up a little bit extra icy. I used frozen berries this time, however you should utilize recent or frozen, whichever you could have readily available. I scented this with the rosewater I discussed earlier and a little bit vanilla and it was good! The ice cream base tasted scrumptious, and I couldn’t wait to strive it frozen!
The ice cream turned out sooo heavenly! Wealthy and creamy, simply the correct amount of sweetness and tartness from the raspberries with the heavenly aroma of vanilla and rosewater! The feel was good too, it jogged my memory of a gelato, which is why I’m calling it that (although I do know somebody may come at me and declare that it’s technically not as a result of it does not have eggs yada yada yada, however guess what? This can be a vegan web page). If you’re searching for one thing to chill off with and indulge on this summer time, undoubtedly give this Vegan Raspberry Rose Gelato a strive!
Vegan Raspberry Rose Gelato
Makes 3 cups
- 1 15 oz can full fats coconut milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or recent natural raspberries
- 3/4 cup tender, pitted medjool dates (if they aren’t tender, soak them in filtered water for half-hour earlier than utilizing)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp rosewater
- Mix all components in a blender and mix till easy.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and course of in line with instructions. Alternatively, for those who do not need an ice cream maker, pour it right into a bowl, and whisk each half hour till it’s to the consistency of a thick malt.
- Pour right into a freezer protected container with a lid, and proceed to freeze till agency sufficient to scoop (a minimum of 4 hours or in a single day). If it turns into too agency, merely let it sit out for quarter-hour earlier than serving.