This vegetarian fajita bowl is simple to make in 40 minutes and a very good choice for meal prep or a wholesome dinner any evening of the week.
This vegetarian fajita rice bowl options “meaty” marinated mushrooms, seasoned fajita veggies and zesty lime rice for a flavourful dish that’s enjoyable and simple to make!
Should you’re searching for a tasty plant-based meal that’s wholesome but satisfying, you’re going to like these fajita bowls!
They embrace fajita favourites like seasoned peppers and onions and black beans and are additionally gluten-free, nut-free and vegan, in order that they work effectively for these with dietary restrictions.
They’re a scrumptious vegan twist on traditional fajitas and are enjoyable and simple to make in beneath 45 minutes!
These bowls are additionally simply customizable. You’ll be able to swap the mushrooms for tofu, tempeh or lentils, attempt totally different grains and experiment with toppings like pico de gallo, guacamole and bitter cream.
Attempt these tasty bowls for meal prep or make them for a wholesome weeknight meal the entire household will get pleasure from.
Why You’ll Love These Bowls
- They function marinated mushrooms, lime rice and seasoned veggies for loads of flavour.
- They’re prepared in 40 minutes for a wholesome meal.
- They’re simply customizable! Add your favourite fajita-inspired toppings and veggies.
- They’re Vegetarian, vegan (dairy-free), nut-free, and simply gluten-free.
- They make a family-friendly and crowd-pleasing meatless choice.
- They make nice meal prep recipe or some parts will be prepped prematurely for simple meeting.
Fajita Bowl Components
A whole record of substances with quantities and full directions is positioned within the printable recipe card beneath. This part covers ingredient and substitution concerns.
- Raw rice: Use any number of rice similar to basmati rice, jasmine rice or brown rice. Different grains like quinoa additionally work.
- Portobello Mushrooms: The recipe requires portobello mushrooms however in the event you can’t discover any, you should utilize button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms.
- Spices: This recipe requires chili powder, cumin, cayenne powder, and smoked paprika. To regulate the warmth, you’ll be able to add a bit extra cayenne pepper. You can too use packaged fajita seasoning.
- Cilantro: Should you don’t like cilantro, go forward and omit it.
- Soy sauce: You’ll want soy sauce to make the marinade for the mushrooms. For a gluten-free choice, use tamari or coconut aminos.
- Lime zest: You’ll want 1-2 limes to make sufficient zest, plus extra for serving if desired.
- Bell Pepper: You’ll want 3 bell peppers in various colors (they don’t need to be totally different colors but it surely’s extra enjoyable!).
- Onion: White onion, purple onion or yellow onion is appropriate.
- Inexperienced Onion: Also called scallions. An non-compulsory topping!
- Black beans: Canned is ok for this recipe. Drain and rinse them earlier than use.
- Avocados: Optionally available for serving.
- Toppings: Sizzling sauce and bitter cream are non-compulsory however scrumptious toppings on your fajita bowls.
- Olive Oil: You’ll want a little bit of oil for the marinade and the veggies. You should use a special vegetable or cooking oil in the event you like.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Further seasoning for the mushroom marinade.
Learn how to Make a Fajita Bowl
Step 1: Combine the Spices
Combine collectively your whole spices in a small bowl till effectively mixed.
Step 2: Marinate the Mushrooms
Place ½ of the spice combination in a massive bowl with the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Combine completely, eradicating any lumps.
As soon as all the things is evenly combined, add the sliced mushrooms. Coat them with the marinade, set them apart and permit them to marinate for quarter-hour.
Step 3: Prepare dinner the Rice
Whereas the mushrooms are marinating, prepare dinner your rice based on bundle directions, together with 1/2 tsp cumin.
As soon as the rice is completed cooking, fold within the lime zest. You can too combine in some finely chopped cilantro or save the cilantro for topping.
Step 4: Prepare dinner the Peppers & Onions
Prepare dinner the sliced peppers and onions in 2 tsp of olive oil, in addition to the rest of the spice combination from earlier.
Prepare dinner them over medium warmth in a big skillet or non-stick pan till mushy, about 5-7 minutes.
Fast Tip: You may skip the oil right here and simply use a little bit of water in the event you like.
Step 5: Broil the Mushrooms
Preheat the oven to broil (500 F).
When the peppers are virtually prepared, take the marinated mushrooms and lay them flat on a baking sheet. Place within the oven on broil for two minutes, take away from the oven and flip and broil for a further 1 minute.
Step 6: Assemble your Fajita Bowls
When all the things is cooked, you can begin assembling your bowls! Evenly distribute every ingredient amongst 6 bowls.
Garnish with cilantro, inexperienced onions, and avocado. Serve with a dollop of bitter cream or some other toppings you may get pleasure from.
Fast Tip: The recipe could make 4-6 bowls. Should you’re making 6 bowls, improve the rice to 2 cups raw and embrace an additional avocado so you could have half per bowl. Notice that in the event you’re making these for meal prep to go away the avocado off till simply earlier than serving.
- Low-Carb Fajita Bowl: Use cauliflower rice as an alternative of rice.
- Quinoa Fajita Bowl: Use quinoa as an alternative of rice.
- Tofu Fajita Bowl: Toss cubed tofu within the mushroom marinade and bake for 20-25 minutes till crispy and browned. You may additionally pan fry or air fry the tofu.
- Do this crumbled tempeh or taco tempeh as an alternative of or along with the mushroom.
- Beans: Use lentils, kidney beans or pinto beans as an alternative of black beans.
- Use this black beans and rice recipe as an alternative of the person rice and black beans.
- You’ll be able to add chopped zucchini and/or poblano peppers to the veggie combination.
- Do this purple rice as an alternative of lime rice.
Additions & Topping Concepts
Mushroom Alternate options
- Tofu or Tempeh: You’ll be able to marinate cubed tofu after which bake it for 20-25 minutes at 400 F till browned or crumble tofu or tempeh in a pan, add the mushroom marinade and prepare dinner for a couple of minutes to warmth by.
- Lentils: Use 2 cups of cooked lentils. Add to a skillet with the mushroom marinade and prepare dinner till heated by.
- Plant-Based mostly Meat Different: Use crumbled vegan meat like Past, vegan hen, seitan or one other meat different you get pleasure from.
Sure. To make use of ready fajita seasoning, omit the garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and cayenne and use about 1 tbsp of fajita seasoning every for the mushrooms and greens.
The recipe is almost gluten-free as written, simply be sure to use gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos as an alternative of soy sauce.
Storing & Making Forward
- Chop the veggies and make the rice forward of time for faster meeting.
- Assembled bowls (with out the avocado) will preserve within the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheat within the microwave till heated by, add avocado and different toppings and luxuriate in.
Did you do that recipe? I’d love to listen to about it! Click on right here to go away a evaluation.
Vegan Fajita Bowl
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 15 minutes
Whole Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 1x
Class: Important Dish
Eating regimen: Vegan
Flavourful vegetarian fajita bowls that includes “meaty” marinated mushrooms, fajita veggies, rice, black beans and avocado. Good for a wholesome dinner or meal prep!
For the Marinated Mushrooms
For the Fajita Bowls
- Mix Fajita Spices: In a small bowl combine collectively all the marinade spices till mixed.
- Combine Mushroom Marinade: Add ½ of the spice combination to a mixing bowl with the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Combine completely, breaking apart any clumps.
- Marinate Mushrooms: Add the sliced mushrooms to the bowl with the marinade and blend till they’re effectively coated. Marinate for quarter-hour.
- Prepare dinner Rice: Whereas the mushrooms are marinating, prepare dinner your rice based on bundle directions, including the cumin to the rice. As soon as the rice is completed cooking, fold within the lime zest.
- Prepare dinner Fajita Veggies: Warmth the two tsp olive oil in a skillet or massive non-stick pan over medium warmth. Add the peppers, onions and the remaining spice combination. Prepare dinner for 6-7 minutes, stirring typically, till the peppers and onions are mushy.
- Broil Mushrooms: Preheat oven on the broil setting. Lay the marinated mushrooms flat on a baking sheet. Place within the oven on broil for two minutes, take away from the oven and flip and broil for a further 1 minute.
- Assemble the Fajita Bowls: When all the things is prepared, assemble your bowls by dividing the substances equally between 4 bowls.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish the bowls with cilantro, inexperienced onions and avocado. Serve with a dollop of bitter cream, if desired.
The recipe could make 4-6 bowls. Should you’re making 6 bowls, improve the rice to 2 cups raw and embrace an additional avocado so you could have half per bowl. Notice that in the event you’re making these for meal prep to go away the avocado off till simply earlier than serving.
- Serving Measurement: 1 bowl
- Energy: 479
- Fats: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 66 g
- Fiber: 19 g
- Protein: 15 g
Key phrases: veggie fajita bowl, vegetarian fajita bowl