We’re head over heels for these wholesome blueberry muffins. Moist, fluffy, and studded with jammy berries, they seem to be a scrumptious fast breakfast or snack!
As I write this, I’m simply ending up one in every of these blueberry muffins, and I’m savoring each chunk. It’s moist, fluffy, and filled with juicy berries, with heat depth of taste from vanilla and cinnamon. It’s not overly candy and cake-y, like some blueberry muffins are typically. As a substitute, it’s frivolously candy and satisfying – good for breakfast or a wholesome snack.
I first shared this wholesome blueberry muffin recipe a number of years in the past, however I believed I’d carry it again this summer season. It’s one in every of my favorites on the weblog, and it’s blueberry season, in spite of everything! Should you’re searching for a enjoyable, healthful technique to take pleasure in contemporary berries this summer season, I hope you’ll attempt it. These muffins are comfortable, puffy, and SO scrumptious. I feel you’re going to like them.
Wholesome Blueberry Muffin Recipe Substances
Right here’s what you’ll must make these wholesome blueberry muffins:
- All-purpose flour and entire wheat flour – I usually use this mixture of flours in wholesome baking recipes. The entire wheat flour provides extra fiber and vitamins than the all-purpose would by itself, however utilizing half all-purpose helps be certain that the muffins come out gentle and fluffy, not dense.
- Almond flour – It provides the blueberry muffins a scrumptious moist texture.
- Baking powder and eggs – They assist the muffins rise.
- Additional-virgin olive oil – Simply 1/4 cup provides the right quantity of richness.
- Almond milk – For moisture. Should you don’t hold almond milk readily available, swap in no matter sort of milk you do! Cow’s milk, soy milk, and oat milk would all work effectively right here.
- Just a little cane sugar – Most blueberry muffin recipes name for a cup or extra of granulated sugar. I exploit a lot much less in order that the muffins are solely frivolously candy, letting the sweetness from the blueberries shine.
- Vanilla and cinnamon – They add heat depth of taste.
- And blueberries, after all! I like to make use of contemporary blueberries on this recipe, however in a pinch, frozen blueberries will work too. No must thaw them earlier than you add them to the muffin batter!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Make Wholesome Blueberry Muffins
This wholesome blueberry muffin recipe is so easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, make the batter. Whisk collectively the moist substances in a single bowl and the dry substances in one other.
Pour the dry substances into the moist substances…
…and blend till simply mixed. Cautious to not overmix! Should you do, the muffins will probably be dense.
Subsequent, add the blueberries. Toss them with a little bit of flour, and gently fold them into the batter.
Then, bake. Divide the muffin batter right into a greased muffin pan, and bake till the tops spring again to the contact and/or a toothpick inserted within the middle of a muffin comes out clear.
Lastly, take pleasure in! I all the time eat one muffin straight out of the oven, however for those who can resist them, their taste is even higher once they’ve cooled fully.
These wholesome blueberry muffins hold effectively at room temperature for as much as 2 days. If in case you have any left after that, stash them within the freezer for a breakfast or snack down the street.
Greatest Blueberry Muffins Suggestions
- Toss the blueberries with a pinch of flour. Evenly coating the blueberries in flour earlier than you fold them into the batter helps them keep suspended within the muffins. That means, you get a blueberry in each chunk as a substitute of ending up with an enormous pile of berries on the backside of every muffin.
- Don’t overmix. Should you bake usually, this goes with out saying. However for those who’re new to muffin-making, you’ll want to combine your batter till the substances are simply mixed. Overmixing will make your muffins dense and difficult.
- Add lemon oil. These wholesome blueberry muffins are nonetheless good with out it, however a little bit lemon oil provides a pleasant vibrant taste that actually takes them excessive. Should you don’t have lemon oil, a teaspoon of lemon zest could be an excellent addition too.
- Make a double batch, and freeze the extras! These muffins freeze completely, so make an enormous batch in a single go. Then, hold a stash readily available within the freezer for on-the-go breakfasts and fast snacks. To thaw a muffin, set it out at room temperature for a few hours, or pop it the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Extra Favourite Simple Baked Items
Should you love these do-it-yourself blueberry muffins, attempt one in every of these straightforward baking recipes subsequent:
Wholesome Blueberry Muffins
Moist, fluffy, and filled with juicy berries, these wholesome blueberry muffins are a scrumptious breakfast or snack!
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting the blueberries
- ¾ cup entire wheat flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 massive eggs
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil, non-compulsory
- 1 ¼ cups contemporary blueberries
Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a big bowl, vigorously whisk collectively the almond milk, olive oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and lemon oil, if utilizing.
Mud the blueberries with ½ teaspoon flour and toss to frivolously coat them. It will stop them from sinking to the underside of the muffin cups.
Pour the dry substances into the moist substances and stir to mix. Gently fold within the blueberries. Use a ⅓-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 17 to twenty minutes, or till the muffin tops spring again to the contact.
Permit to chill within the pan for 10 minutes, then run a knife across the edges of the muffins. Take away from the pan and switch to a wire rack to chill fully.