This baked oatmeal recipe is the easiest way to begin the day! It is easy, wholesome, and scrumptious. Serve it for brunch, or make it forward for breakfast all week.
This baked oatmeal recipe is my favourite breakfast of the second. I really like that it might serve a gaggle for a particular breakfast or brunch, however it’s additionally the type of factor you could make on a weekend and reheat on busy mornings all through the week.
This blueberry baked oatmeal is made with wholesome components—suppose contemporary fruit, almond butter, and complete rolled oats—however it tastes like a deal with. The highest is toasty and nutty, that includes a layer of pecans and coconut flakes that crisp up superbly within the oven. The center, then again, stays smooth and creamy, filling every chew with an incredible mixture of textures. It’s frivolously candy, warmly spiced, and studded with bursty blueberries all through. Go forward, get a second slice.
Baked Oatmeal Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll must make this wholesome baked oatmeal recipe:
- Oats, in fact! Complete rolled oats solely, please! Fast oats will give the baked oatmeal a mushy texture, whereas steel-cut oats received’t soften within the baking time. Remember to use licensed gluten-free oats should you want this recipe to be gluten-free.
- Mashed banana – For sweetness. It additionally offers this recipe a slight banana bread-y taste, which I really like.
- Unsweetened almond milk – Or any milk you want! My selfmade oat milk can be nice right here.
- Almond butter – Many baked oatmeal recipes name for eggs to bind the oat combination collectively, however I really like to make use of nut butter as an alternative. It makes this recipe vegan, and it offers the oatmeal a wealthy, nutty taste. Plus, it provides protein, fiber, and wholesome fat, which make this recipe a satisfying breakfast.
- Pure maple syrup – It really works with the banana to naturally sweeten the oats.
- Melted coconut oil – For richness. In the event you’re not vegan, melted butter works too!
- Baking powder – It helps the oatmeal bake puff up barely within the oven, so it comes out smooth and creamy, however not dense.
- Cinnamon – For heat depth of taste.
- Blueberries – Recent and frozen are each nice.
- Pecans – For nutty crunch.
- Coconut flakes – They create the crispy, toasty topping.
- Brown sugar – It helps the pecan and coconut topping crisp up and caramelize within the oven.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
Make Baked Oatmeal
Have I discussed? This wholesome baked oatmeal recipe is tremendous simple to make! You don’t want any particular gear, only a mixing bowl and an 8×8-inch baking dish. Right here’s the best way to make it:
First, combine collectively the moist components. Mash the banana on the backside of a giant mixing bowl. Then, add the almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil and whisk to mix.
Subsequent, add the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk once more.
Then, add half the blueberries…
…and three/4 cup of the pecans. Use a spatula to stir till the combination is well-combined.
Switch the oat combination to a greased 8×8-inch pan. Use a spatula to unfold it in a good layer.
Then, add the topping. Sprinkle on the remaining blueberries, the remaining pecans, and the brown sugar and coconut flakes.
Lastly, bake! Switch to a 350°F oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. The topping must be crisp and the center must be largely set.
Let cool for 10 minutes, after which, dig in! Tip: To provide this baked oatmeal additional endurance, serve it with a dollop of Greek yogurt or your favourite non-dairy yogurt.
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Recipe Suggestions
- Let it cool for 10 minutes earlier than serving. This baked oatmeal recipe will scent AMAZING when it comes out of the oven, so it is likely to be tempting to dig in immediately. Nevertheless, it’s truly greatest should you let it cool for 10 minutes earlier than serving. Its candy, spiced taste will intensify in these couple of minutes out of the oven. Its texture will get higher too—the topping crisps up and the center turns into firmer.
- Customise it. This blueberry baked oatmeal recipe is implausible as written, however it’s tremendous versatile. Have enjoyable altering it up! Swap a distinct berry for the blueberries, reminiscent of strawberries or blackberries, or skip the berries and add 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dried cranberries, or raisins. Use walnuts as an alternative of pecans, or change up the spices. Nutmeg, cardamom, and ginger would all be scrumptious right here.
- Meal prep it. This wholesome baked oatmeal recipe is ideal for a weekend brunch, however it’s additionally an ideal breakfast to meal prep for the week. Bake it off on a Sunday, and retailer slices in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Simply pop them within the microwave to reheat. They’ll make you excited to get off the bed on busy mornings!
Extra Favourite Breakfast Recipes
In the event you love this blueberry baked oatmeal recipe, attempt one among these yummy breakfast recipes subsequent:
Serves 4 to six
This blueberry baked oatmeal recipe is a wholesome, scrumptious breakfast or brunch! I really like how the toasty, nutty topping contrasts with the smooth and creamy center. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (½ cup)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, at room temperature
- ¼ cup clean almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups complete rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup blueberries, contemporary or frozen
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, for topping
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes, for topping
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8-inch or comparable baking dish.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the mashed banana, almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Add the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and whisk once more.
Fold within the oats, ¾ cup of the pecans, and ½ cup of the blueberries. Pour the combination into the ready baking dish and clean into a good layer.
High with the remaining ½ cup blueberries, the remaining ¼ cup pecans, the brown sugar, and coconut flakes.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or till the topping is crisp and the center is about. Take away from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes earlier than serving.