A canine cake is an ideal option to have a good time your finest buddy, particularly if that finest buddy is a canine! We advocate getting a human cake in your human pals.
Whether or not you’re celebrating a birthday, a gotcha day, or simply any ol’ day, a tasty deal with like a scrumptious dog-safe cake is simply the factor to point out them how a lot you care. However what if you happen to’re not a lot of a baker? Nicely, you possibly can all the time order a cake from a canine bakery… or you possibly can observe one in all these easy-to-make, pup-pleasing cake recipes!
We’ve discovered six tremendous recipes which are simply paw-fect in your pup and are simple so that you can make!
1. 3-Ingredient Birthday Cake
Image Credit score: Extra Than Cocos by GB
By far the simplest birthday cake on our listing comes from Extra Than Cocos by GB, and solely makes use of three easy elements: oats, eggs, and honey! In the event you don’t have oat flour, you may simply put common unflavored oatmeal in your meals processor to make your personal.
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup pure peanut butter (be sure that it’s xylitol/birch sugar-free)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl add and whisk all of the elements.
- Pour batter in two oven-safe mugs or a small cake pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Take away from the oven, let it cool earlier than serving.
- Optionally available: High with some extra peanut butter and canine treats for adornment.
2. 4-Ingredient Do-it-yourself Birthday Cake
Image Credit score: Kitchen 335
With just one extra ingredient than our final possibility, this canine cake is from Kitchen 335 and is a candy, secure, and delicious deal with in your valuable pup! It makes use of a ramekin as a baking dish, however if you happen to don’t have a kind of useful, you may as well use an oven-safe ceramic espresso mug.
- 1 massive egg
- 3 tablespoons pure peanut butter (be sure that it’s xylitol/birch sugar-free)
- 1/2 apple, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Spray a ramekin with non-stick spray and put aside.
- In a small bowl mix the entire elements and blend till totally mixed.
- Pour the combination into the ready ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear.
- Take away from oven and permit to chill utterly.
- Take away from the ramekin and serve.
3. Simple Apple Cupcakes
Image Credit score: A Saucy Kitchen
This scrumptious recipe from Saucy Kitchen makes perfectly-sized cupcakes in your canine to get pleasure from. Just be sure you use peanut butter that’s xylitol free, as xylitol could be deadly to canines.
- 1/2 medium apple, diced
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter + extra for frosting (be sure that it’s xylitol/birch sugar-free)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (optionally available)
- bacon bits for topping (optionally available)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Combine collectively all your elements till mixed.
- Line or evenly grease two holes in a cupcake tin or a small ramekin. Spoon the combination into the ready pans.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
- Permit the cupcake to chill utterly. You may go away it as is, or frost with peanut butter and sprinkle with bacon bits.
4. Frosted Pupcakes
Image Credit score: Recipe Tin Eats
This pleasant pupcake recipe from Recipe Tin Eats makes use of a secret ingredient to make deliciously fluffy frosting… potatoes!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup clean/creamy peanut butter (be sure that it’s xylitol/birch sugar-free)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups flour (any variety)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable, canola, peanut, or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup water
Fluffy Canine Pleasant “Frosting” Components
- 1 pound of potatoes, peeled and minimize into 1-inch items
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain low fats (any unsweetened sort) OR bitter cream
- 2 – 4 tbsp water
- 12 small canine bone biscuits, for adorning (optionally available)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Place bananas in a bowl and mash till clean.
- Add peanut butter, honey, and eggs. Whisk till clean.
- Add flour, baking powder, oil, and water. Whisk till clean.
- Fill liners ¾ full. Bake for 22 minutes till the highest is golden, or a skewer comes out clear.
- Switch to cooling rack and funky for half-hour earlier than frosting.
- Place potatoes in a big pot of water. Deliver to boil, then prepare dinner potatoes for 20 minutes till very, very mushy and beginning to crumble on the perimeters. (Similar to you’re making mashed potatoes!)
- Drain, then return to the empty pot. Add yogurt, honey, and water (beginning with 2 tbsp). Beat with an electrical beater till clean and creamy. Add extra water if wanted – it ought to have a mushy consistency like frosting.
- Pipe or unfold frosting onto cupcakes.
If you wish to cheat and make this recipe even simpler, you possibly can use plain on the spot mashed potatoes.
5. No-Bake Canine Desserts
Image Credit score: Spoiled Hounds
This no-bake recipe from Spoiled Hounds is a brilliant candy deal with that doesn’t use eggs or grain, so it’s actually unbelievable for canines with allergy symptoms. This recipe makes eight servings, so you may feed your canine and all of their pals!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup old style rolled oats
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure unsweetened peanut butter (be sure that it’s xylitol/birch sugar-free)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
Cake Filling and Frosting
- 1/2 cup pure unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Place the oat flour, rolled oats, melted coconut oil, peanut butter, applesauce, and pumpkin puree in a mixing bowl.
- Combine and let the dough sit for 15 to twenty minutes till it stiffens up.
- Press or roll out the dough onto a flat floor till it’s about 1 to 1½-inches thick.
- Reduce out as many same-size circles as potential. This recipe makes three 4-inch layers with sufficient left over for 2 small treats fashioned right into a ball.
- Place the circles individually, not on prime of one another, on a tray or plate put into fridge till stiff.
- Unfold peanut butter on prime of two layers and Greek yogurt on prime of 1 layer.
- Stack the layers to make a layer cake with the yogurt frosted layer on prime.
- High with blueberries.
6. Microwave Mug Cake
Image Credit score: Staying Shut To Dwelling
Mug desserts are so easy and so tasty! This single-serving cake from Staying Shut To Dwelling is ideal for one pooch.
- 1 tbsp of carrots, grated
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter (plus a bit extra for frosting) (be sure that it’s xylitol/birch sugar-free)
- 4 tbsp of water
- 4 tbsp of complete wheat flour (or nut or oat flour in case your canine is allergic to wheat)
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- Grate carrots. Put aside.
- Put 2 tbsp of peanut butter within the mug and warmth till melted, about 1:30 or 2 minutes
- Add complete wheat flour, baking powder, grated carrots, honey, vanilla, and water to the identical mug w/ peanut butter.
- Combine till it looks like dough.
- Microwave for two minutes.
- Take out of mug and plate the cupcake on a plate. Frost the cupcake when nonetheless heat, both with peanut butter, Greek yogurt, or a mixture of each!
- Beautify with canine kibble or treats if desired.
No Time to Bake?
Regardless of the event, The Canine Bakery has the proper celebration cake in your pup. We use solely healthful, pure elements to create personalized canine desserts. We ship all through the USA inside 5 days of ordering.
In the event you’d like to select up your order at one in all our shops, order two days upfront for a personalized cake. And regardless of the way you get your cake, whether or not you utilize one in all these simple recipes otherwise you make it your self, you can also make your canine’s get together even higher with our canine get together equipment!
Rocky Kanaka is an entrepreneur, pet rescue advocate and canine dad to a rescue boxer named Flip, a blind Cane Corso referred to as Kobe, and a terrier combine named Zoey. He is additionally a pet chef and proprietor of The Canine Bakery, which makes a speciality of canine birthday desserts and contemporary baked canine treats. His three canines cannot get sufficient of the canine desserts and treats!
Lorna Paxton Ladd is a passionate canine lover and fanatic of The Canine Bakery. She loves spoiling her 3 rescue canines with canine desserts and jerky. A 15 12 months veteran within the pet business, her purpose is to coach pet dad and mom on the most effective recipes, merchandise, ideas and methods to optimize the human/canine bond. Her favourite product at The Canine Bakery are the customizable canine birthday desserts.